Feb 15, 2014

Day One! here we goooo!

BREAKFAST:  I didn't actually eat breakfast today, which seems like a poor way of starting out my Whole30.  I wasn't feeling all that great this morning, though, so I was afraid that eating anything else might make me more queasy.
LUNCH:  Fried eggs, spinach, and mushrooms
DINNER:  Salmon, steamed broccoli and cauliflower, and fruit salad

Although I can't say I'm overly surprised, given that I have looked at the timeline a million times on the Whole30 website, today went rather well!  I was without internet for most of the afternoon (thanks, Charter!), but I used that time to take a nap watch Supernatural and cut up veggies and fruit.  I didn't drink as much water as I would have liked, but I'm going to be working on that.

I did all of my grocery shopping last night after work and I think that it went pretty well.  I spent a bit more than I had been hoping I would, but I figure that I did buy a number of staples on top of what I'm going to need for this week's meals so it evens out.  I'm looking forward to what's in store for this week in terms of planned meals and I hope that it gets me through what I'm sure is going to be a rough challenge.

I've found that everyone I've told about doing Whole30 has been incredibly supportive, which is great.  In the past, I've always kept diets (not that this is a diet, of course; lifestyle change!) to myself in case I failed, but I think that actually putting it out there is going to help me.  It's providing a support system that I didn't necessarily have before.

I'm feeling good!  I can do this.  :)


2 comments: