DAY THIRTY
BRUNCH: Eggs with spinach and mushrooms
DINNER: Leftover pork roast and green beans
I wasn't very hungry today, so I didn't eat very much. (I also let myself sleep in after another late night of binge-watching Haven) I have a bad feeling that I'm coming down with a cold, which I am blaming on the change in seasons that seems to be happening right now (hopefully that isn't jinxing myself), and that usually zaps my appetite pretty quick.
But, more exciting: DAY THIRTY!
When I started this, I was pretty confident that I would make it through the thirty days, but at the same time I wasn't sure what to think. The confidence is good and grand, but actually seeing it through? I wasn't sure what would happen. But now I'm here on day thirty and... yeah. That's pretty crazy.
I don't have a scale in my apartment, so I haven't been able to weigh myself. My mom is going to bring me my scale to work tomorrow, though, as I had left it at their house when I moved out, and I'll see for sure what's going on. I feel like I might have lost weight, but I'm trying not to be but so hopeful. I've had people mention it to me and my clothes feel a bit more loose, but again -- trying not to get my hopes up too much.
I've felt a very real change in my health, though, which is the primary reason that I set forth in doing this. Losing weight would have been awesome, but it was my health that I was worried about. I no longer have frequent stomach aches whenever I eat and I've found that going to bed and sleeping through the night has been much easier. I don't spring out of bed easily every morning, but my energy has been better as well. I used to take melatonin every night, but I haven't taken it once in the past month and I've been fine. I think that was one of the best things that I learned from this, to be honest. I didn't like how reliant I had become on those pills, natural or not.
I have to say, though, that this was an amazing experience and one that I might repeat sometime in the future. I'm taking a lot of what I learned from the thirty days and will be implementing it afterward; I'm going to stick to basically everything, but I will be reintroducing dairy in small doses. I'm looking forward to being able to stick to the rules that I've had during the Whole30, but be able to bend them a bit here and there to suit my needs.

No comments:
Post a Comment