As I said in my previous blog post, I didn't do the Whole30 so I would lose weight. While that was an added perk, it wasn't my main intention. I loved all of the very real health benefits that it boasted and the intent behind it all.
That being said! I did go ahead and weigh myself today on the scale at work. The last time I had weighed myself was when I went to the doctor in January for bronchitis, so I figured that was a decent enough weight to go by. And so, the grand total that I lost was 16 pounds. (I thought it was 15 at work, but I checked the paper that I'd gotten from the doctor when I got home and was pleasantly surprised.)
So yeah! That was very exciting to me and really gives me a good push to continue much of what I was doing in Whole30, since it was clearly helping. I lost that weight without very much exercise outside of occasional pilates when I managed to guilt myself into doing them. ;) When it finally warms up, I'm looking forward to going for walks and to get my exercise that way, so I'm hoping that the two combined will yield further results.
Also, I will be continuing this blog, even though I'm no longer technically on Whole30. Although I didn't blog every single day as I had intended, I did enjoy writing in here and the connections and support it's given me through my friends via Facebook. You haven't seen the last of me and my cute corgi/other animal gifs yet.
And now... I'm going to go put some cheese on my soup. Mmm, cheese.
No comments:
Post a Comment