Mar 10, 2014

Days Twenty-Two - Twenty-Four

DAY TWENTY-TWO
BREAKFAST:  Eggs with spinach, mushrooms, onion, tomato, and turkey sausage
LUNCH:  Leftover Italian soup
DINNER:  Leftover Italian soup (it was so good; couldn't help myself)
SNACK:  Raspberries

DAY TWENTY-THREE
BRUNCH:  Eggs with spinach and mushrooms
DINNER:  Baked salmon with mushrooms and onions
SNACK:  Sweet potato chips

DAY TWENTY-FOUR
BREAKFAST:  Boiled eggs with guacamole
LUNCH:  Leftover salmon with mushrooms and onions
DINNER:  Prosciutto wrapped chicken with steamed asparagus
SNACK:  Carrots

I am apparently very bad at blogging.  I'm trying, I swear!  I just forget, siiiigh.

We're at the point where there is only one week left of my Whole30 and that's just crazy to me.  Part of me wants so badly to have pizza (gluten-free crust from Dominos) right away on Day 31, but another part of me wants to just keep trucking along.  It hasn't been the easiest past few weeks, but it's definitely been rewarding and I've finally reached the point where I'm really not having a lot of cravings.  While the knowledge of my Girl Scout Cookies in my mom's desk at work will occasionally haunt me, it's not as bad as I thought it would be.  What has really surprised me is that I've really had very few cravings for any kind of bread or pasta; during the beginning there was a little wanting, but now it's pretty much nonexistent.  It's really pretty great.

I bought a few sweet potatoes a while back and I wasn't really sure what to do with them.  I'm not the biggest fan of them plain, so I cut them up and made the above sweet potato chips.  I don't like sweet potato fries, but these were nice and crispy and surprisingly good.  I'm making another batch right now and I'm looking forward to replacing that with my lackluster carrots tomorrow at work.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment