Feb 22, 2014

Day Seven - not-really-spaghetti

BREAKFAST:  Carrots
LUNCH:  A bowl of chili and three pieces of haddock (random or what?)
SNACK:  Blueberries
DINNER:  Spaghetti squash with spaghetti sauce (turkey burger, green peppers, onions, and mushrooms)

Spaghetti squash was a new and exciting experiment.  I've always liked most squash in general, but I've never had spaghetti squash before.  Given that my diet pre-Whole30 was 90% consisted of pasta, I was excited to give this a shot.  While I knew it wouldn't be exactly like spaghetti, I'm up for anything.

I was pleasantly surprised.  It definitely doesn't have the taste or texture of pasta, but it's close enough in the latter that I didn't mind it.  I found that it really doesn't have much of a taste at all, so I think that when I cook up my leftovers I might put the squash and the sauce in a pan and cook it up that way in hopes that the squash will soak up some of the flavor.  All in all, I can't complain.

Here's to trying new things!

[picture from here]

No comments:

Post a Comment