Feb 19, 2014

Day Five! zzzzzz

BREAKFAST:  One boiled egg, carrots
LUNCH:  Lemon/dill chicken, blueberries
DINNER:  Chocolate chili (go make this right now)

It was very difficult getting out of bed this morning.  It hardly helped that I've gotten into this weird habit of waking up at 5:30AM for no apparent reason.  This morning when it happened I was convinced that it was Saturday.  My disappointment was epic when I realized that it was only Wednesday.  Ugh.

I survived the day, however.  I had other plans for dinner, but chili just sounded amazing, especially when coupled with the dumping of snow we're supposed to get tomorrow.  I'm still holding off hope that it won't be as bad as it sounds like it's going to be, but that hope is feeble.  February in Wisconsin generally means one thing and that one thing is snow.

I'm glad that I don't own a scale, because I feel a general curiosity that would likely leave me giving into temptation and stepping on it.  I know that it's not been nearly long enough for this change in eating to have made a big difference and I also know that it's against the rules for a reason, but still.  The thought is there.  I'll stand strong, though!  Mostly because, as I said, I don't own a scale.  Makes it a little hard to weigh oneself without one.

[image from here]

2 comments:

  1. You'll definitely see results with this way of eating. I do a tweaked Atkins style, which is very similar (but you are allowed a bit of cheese and other things but no potatoes and so on) and it works very well. I've lost 40 or so pounds from eating this way. You may know this, but when you cut out carbs; your body forces you into something called Ketosis and it causes your body to burn fat way faster. Also, since when exercising your body burns off carbs (& sugars, carbs break down into sugar) for about 30 minutes before it burns off any fat, if you exercise while eating in a low carb fashion your body will go directly to burning fat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I like to hear! I'm really looking forward to what the change of diet and daily pilates will do at the end of the month. I've been thinking that once my Whole30 is over, I'm going to definitely keep almost all of the changes. The only thing that I'm really missing is cheese, which I plan to reintroduce in moderation.

      Delete