LUNCH: A "salad" that amounted to some ham, cucumbers, and eggs in a bowl
DINNER: Paleo-friendly buffalo chicken, green beans, and blackberries
Today could have been better.
I started the day with a headache, which just sort of set the tone. Before going to my car, I took a bag of garbage and a bag of recyclables out to the cans and dumpster. My landlords don't seem to believe in the use of salt, so I fell twice on the snow/ice that has accumulated on our walkways -- the second time twisting my ankle and landing on my bag of recyclables, breaking open the bag and scattering them all over the place. I got to work just in time, only to realize that I left my lunch in the fridge at home. Curses!
Lucky for me, my mom got me back on track (after I nearly started to sob at her desk because of the poopy morning) and I managed. I was pretty hungry by the end of the day, but man... I sure appreciated my dinner.
Tonight I cooked up a ton of chicken that I had living in my freezer for a while. I didn't have anything to freeze the chicken separately, so I left it to thaw and had to cook it all up in one go. I made the buffalo chicken that I linked above, cut some of it into strips and just cooked it plain with a little dill for my salads, and then tossed some with lemon. I'm now pretty darn prepared in the chicken front for a while, which is great. While I love to cook, sometimes I just want to come home and have something quick and easy which is how I fall back on stuff that isn't the best for me.
I didn't do pilates again tonight because my ankle and knee are hurting. Tomorrow, though. No excuses, darnit.
(gif dedicated to Laurel!)
No comments:
Post a Comment